We find unique and unusual books from around the world —and around the corner— and bring them to you!
Massy Books is a funky retail destination in Vancouver’s Chinatown neighbourhood — made all the more vibrant by the book lovers who walk through its doors. It’s a place people feel welcome to explore and ask questions, and to browse in ways that give pause to the day.
What we are.
Imagine a place full of wordy, quirky, artsy, connectivity. That place is Massy Books. When it’s not an emporium of bookish delights, it’s a community space where people gather to share conversation, connect and organize.
What we believe.
Books have a kind of portable magic that accelerates curiosity, sparks conversations, makes connections and incites action. We believe in the power of books to enrich lives and build community.
- There’s more to us than meets the eye! Our storefront is an inviting 1500 square feet of ready-to-buy books, but we also have a performance space and art gallery.
- All our bookshelves on the bottom floor are built on castors and mobile. We can seat up 60 people! We provide chairs, tables, as well as other services. We’ve had concerts, poetry readings, and book launches. And, we have wedding happening in April!
- Upstairs, you’ll find a beautiful 500 sqft art gallery that aims to showcase emerging artists in the community. We are currently accepting submissions, so click here to apply!
- We are committed to environmental sustainability. We use paper bags, and package and ship our books in recycled paper and cardboard. And, we’ve partnered with a local architecture firm that donates their old drawings so we can repurpose them for packaging online orders. Very cool.
- Sometimes we just have too many books for our own good. When that happens, we donate the overflow to charities in the community. Also very cool.