We’ve reopened! Since May 16th, our doors have been open for browsing 10-6 pm, 7 days a week. With new measures introduced and the health and safety of our community and staff top of mind, we look forward to welcoming you back in the store. We recognize our role in keeping each other and ourselves safe and supported, and as such will continue to monitor the situation and will revise as necessary. Our staff are supported in determining their level of comfort in working at the store, and we’ll continue to offer great delivery for customers who choose to stay home! Here is what you can expect when you visit the store:
– it is mandatory for both staff and customers to wear masks. We encourage you to bring your own, but we will also have disposable masks on hand for those may be in need.
– plexiglass at the front counter to protect both customers and staff- plexiglass at the front counter to protect both customers and staff
– social distancing stickers on the floor to remind people about proper distance
– hand sanitizer available for customers and staff
– masks and gloves available for customers
– only 6 customers in the store at any given time
– our gallery is open as of July 3rd with shows going on for the rest of the year, however, only very small or limited openings will occur
– lots and lots and lots of cleaning!
Starting May 18th, we are changing our delivery options. For most customers, these changes won’t affect how you’re ordering and receiving your books. If you’re ever unsure, don’t hesitate to email or call us!
FREE: When you spend over $50 to anywhere in the Lower Mainland, and over $100 to everywhere else in BC and Canada.
$3.99: When you spend less than $50 (Vancouver only)
$5.00 : For shipping to the US
$7.50: When you spend less than $50 to anywhere in the Lower mainland.
Always FREE to pick-up.
**Please remember to leave detailed delivery instructions (if in Vancouver), like buzzer numbers, preferred delivery days and times, and to an address where someone is present to accept packages**
EVENT & GALLERY Changes:
Right now all events at our store are pending, depending on what the government allows. We’ll assess requests to use our space on an individual basis, but will be limiting all events until a vaccine is found or until the government allows large groups to gather. We are moving many of our events online, including openings in the gallery, readings, book launches and talks.
If we find we are unable to ensure social-distancing, proper etiquette and sanitation, we may close our doors again. In the meantime, we continue to clean, sanitize, and assess our store. We’re looking forward to seeing you!